Skip to main content

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade.
This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb. You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky.
This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, which help nourish and improve hydration of the lips, as well as providing protection.

This product is definitely rich in pigmentation and it gives a beautiful, opaque and saturated colour. Because of the creaminess, the product glides onto the lips and provides of glossy finish. The product is also kind of tacky in texture. It is not sticky like the average lipgloss, but it is not as smooth as the texture of a lipstick. I haven’t noticed it improving the hydration of my lips, but I’m guessing by how creamy it is, that it does do something to improve moisture and protect. The colour does fade when you eat and drink and it starts to fade to a light pink shade and then starts to disappear from the inner parts of your lips, so you will eventually be left with what looks like lip liner. However if you do not consume anything, the bright colour lasts for around two hours.

Overall this is a great product, but I do have some issues with it. Firstly, I think the product is too creamy because when you apply it, it goes down very quickly because the warmth of your lips really melts the colour and it is very messy, especially when you want to sharpen it. I have tried keeping in the fridge overnight and it doesn’t really make a difference. Secondly, I’m not very keen on lipgloss anyway and although this is very different from the average lipgloss, it is still not quite a lipstick. And lastly, the price is quite steep for what it is. Although I do quite like this product, I will not be re-purchasing it!

Price - £14        Rating - 3/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - No
Available at - Debenhams, Sephora

I hope you enjoyed this review.

Make sure to check back on Wednesday for the eyeliner part of the review from the same palette.

Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat